Love them or loathe them, we need to look after our feet and with the the long hot summer that we’ve had your feet might well be in need of some TLC! Feet can be a real indicator for our general health. Here are the NHS top tips for healthy feet:
- Wash and dry your feet each evening, & apply a moisturizer.
- Gently remove hard skin with a pumice stone or foot file regularly.
- Always trim your toenails straight across.
- Shop for new shoes in the afternoon – our feet swell as the day goes on.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Change your socks daily.
- Avoid bare feet in public areas such as swimming pools.
For the over 60’s they recommend being seen by a foot professional every 6 months for a foot ‘MOT’. If you need help with toe nail cutting then you’ll probably need to see a foot professional every six weeks. If you don’t already have someone, our mobile Home & Company foot care practitioners would love to come and see you in your home. Do call us on 01273 434190 if you would like more information.Looking