Love them or loathe them, we need to look after our feet and with the advent of spring there’s no ignoring them! Feet can be a real indicator for our general health. Here are the NHS top tips for healthy feet:
- Wash and dry your feet each evening, & apply a moisturizer.
- Gently remove hard skin with a pumice stone or foot file regularly.
- Always trim your toenails straight across.
- Shop for new shoes in the afternoon – our feet swell as the day goes on.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Change your socks daily.
- Avoid bare feet in public areas such as swimming pools.
For the over 60’s they recommend being seen by a foot professional every 6 months for a foot ‘MOT’. If you don’t already have someone, our Home & Company foot care practitioners would love to come and see you in your home. Do call us on 01273 434190 if you would like more information.